The Future of Food is another one of those movies that some of the large corporations would rather you not see. That’s exactly why it’s so important you take the time and watch it. We recently discussed another very informative and eye-opening documentary Food Inc. which you have hopefully seen by now. The Future of Food is another one of these movies you owe to yourself and your families to watch. If you don’t know what GMO’s are you need to know. This documentary will also explain how and why fertilizers, pesticides, and other not so pleasant chemicals are so prevalent in our food supply. I do not know the exact validity of this movie, and I’m sure some of the big corporations will and have disputed some of the claims. But there is one thing I do know. If you don’t start informing yourself and sorting through the information, no one will do it for you. And I have great news! You can watch the entire movie right here thanks to Hulu.
What The Future of Food will help you understand:
- Why in 30 countries there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production of GMO’s but not in the U.S.
- Why American consumers don’t know they’re eating or buying GMO’s
- Why 97% of the varieties of vegetables grown at the beginning of the 20th century are now extinct
- Why “the more they sprayed the more they had to spray”
- Why Monsanto owns 11,000 seed patents
- How bacteria, viruses, and E. coli are used in the GMO process
- How a Supreme Court decision changed food as we know it
- How in the U.S there were 0 acres of GMO corn, soybeans, canola, and cotton in the 1980′s, and in 2003 there were 100 million acres
We would love your thoughts and comments on this movie.
For more info on GMO’s and how you can get involved you can check out http://www.nongmoproject.org/.
The movie also has a very informative website you can check out for more info http://thefutureoffood.com/.
As always, feel free to “share” our articles/posts with anyone and everyone. Especially important ones like this one. See below and Thank you!